Welcome to the 429 Mustang and Cougar parts board

The purpose of this board is to provide the owners of 429 Cobra Jet and 429 Super Cobra Jet equipped Mustangs and Cougars with a place to sell and buy parts.

You are welcome to post ads for parts (for 71 429 Mustangs and Cougars) or (71 - 73 Mustangs and Cougars) on this board.

Helpful Links

71 429 Mustang/Cougar Megasite

71 429 Mustang/Cougar Technical Forum

71 429 mustang/cougar parts Forum Index

Parts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    71 429 mustang/cougar parts Forum Index » For sale
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dchuck

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:40 pm    Post subject: Parts Reply with quote

I have an original owners manual, SIN tag and build sheet for a 1971 429 CJ Cougar XR7 ($150.) which was purchased at Sandy Elliot LTD (Border Bandits) in Chatham, Ontario Can., the car went to scrap in 1979. Also have a CJ C6 tranny, R-code servo, cast iron tailstock etc. $ 800.

429scj

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:50 pm    Post subject: 429 CJ C6 for sale Reply with quote

Is it still for sale? if so, does it have the factory correct dipstick tube, dipstick, and iron tail shaft?

I will be in Ontario with a truck in June, I could pick it up then.

Thanks,

Jim

dchuck

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, yes it is still for sale. It has the R-code servo, cast iron tailstock and has the proper tags attached. I didnt get a dipstick or tube with it but have several from other C6 trannies. I bought it and planned on using it in my drag car then ended up buying a racing C6 from Coan in Indiana.

429scj

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be in Ontario in June, I live in Virginia. Rather than shipping it I wonder if I could meet you somewhere to exchange cash and transmission. I will be about 4.5 hours from you in June, could you meet me half way along Lake Ontario? I was looking at Cobourg, don't know anything about it but it is about half way between us.

dchuck

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a plan, if you want, give me a phone number where I can reach you and we can make out the details. Thanks.

429scj

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My number is 757-777-7502, I can be reached M-F, 5-8 pm. Can you send some pictures to 429scjmach1@gmail.com? Any chips, cracks or missing material in the casing? Does it have the factory shift levers for a Mustang, and do you know if it was operational when it came into your possession? I also need the shift rod that connects the shifter inside the car to the lever on the transmission.

Thanks,

Jim

429scj

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:51 pm    Post subject: I still need the transmission!!!!!!!!!!! Reply with quote

I am about to close a deal on a 429 SCJ automatic, still need your transmission. Can you call me or give my your number? I will be in Ontario in June, can meet you then with cash.

Jim

Post new topic   Reply to topic    71 429 mustang/cougar parts Forum Index » For sale All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: