Welcome to the 429 Mustang and Cougar parts board

The purpose of this board is to provide the owners of 429 Cobra Jet and 429 Super Cobra Jet equipped Mustangs and Cougars with a place to sell and buy parts.

You are welcome to post ads for parts (for 71 429 Mustangs and Cougars) or (71 - 73 Mustangs and Cougars) on this board.

Helpful Links

71 429 Mustang/Cougar Megasite

71 429 Mustang/Cougar Technical Forum

71 429 mustang/cougar parts Forum Index

Wanted 429 motor mount plates 218-867-2419

Post new topic   Reply to topic    71 429 mustang/cougar parts Forum Index » Wanted
View previous topic :: View next topic  
supercars

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:48 pm    Post subject: Wanted 429 motor mount plates 218-867-2419 Reply with quote

Have been in hold up mode for a couple of years, looking for a pair of motor mount plates that bolt to the block of a 1971 CJ mustang. I think they are the ones that are labled 6030 rh and 6031 lh. I purchased what I thought to be the correct ones but they lean the opposite way? Not sure what they were for but not my 71 mustang. I would be OK with a set to borrow for a week or two so I could make my own although I sure would have liked the correct ones. Please help I need to move this project forward. thanks peter 218-867-2419

Clevelandcoupe

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this message is old, but thought I would put in my comments anyway. I hope it helps.
The plates you have are for a 428 not a 429/460. I have found that Mustangs Unlimited and Crites both have reproduced motor plates that work quite well.
Good luck.
Thanks, Jay

supercars

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Jay, I cut a V out of the sides of the ones I had and wire welded them back together, they worked perfect, I think, the motor is bolted in but I have not put the tranny in yet to see if the tranny mount lines up, I measured and it looks like it will be perfect but should find out this week when I get some help to put the trans in. pete

Post new topic   Reply to topic    71 429 mustang/cougar parts Forum Index » Wanted All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: