Welcome to the 429 Mustang and Cougar parts board

The purpose of this board is to provide the owners of 429 Cobra Jet and 429 Super Cobra Jet equipped Mustangs and Cougars with a place to sell and buy parts.

You are welcome to post ads for parts (for 71 429 Mustangs and Cougars) or (71 - 73 Mustangs and Cougars) on this board.

Helpful Links

71 429 Mustang/Cougar Megasite

71 429 Mustang/Cougar Technical Forum

71 429 mustang/cougar parts Forum Index

429SCJ Complete Longblock and C6 Rcode Tranny

Post new topic   Reply to topic    71 429 mustang/cougar parts Forum Index » For sale
View previous topic :: View next topic  
efk9

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:45 pm    Post subject: 429SCJ Complete Longblock and C6 Rcode Tranny Reply with quote

Complete Ford 1971 429SCJ 4 bolt long block and matching R code C6 automatic transmission. This engine and tranny came originally from a 1971 Torino. It had low miles when I bought it back in the mid 1980s. I am not sure of the internals of the transmission, since I did not use it. It has been sitting in the basement since I bought it. The housing has a small piece missing from the bell housing part of the case, It was like this when I bought it and can be easily fixed at a welding shop. I had the engine in a pickup with a 4speed tranny and put about 10K miles on it before I pulled it and sold the truck in 1994. I estimate the total miles less than 50K. The engine is all original except, the cam, timing set and hydraulic lifters. The cam has the same specs as the original mechanical lifter setup. These parts were purchased from Hagerty's speed shop. They were a well known Ford shop in Gibsonia, PA just north of Pittsburgh, back in the day. Water pump was replaced when it was running. The original driver's side valve cover was damaged when pulled from the torino and patched. It does not leak. The drives side exhaust manifold collector was cut and rewelded when it was in the truck for clearance but does not leak. There are also some other parts included that were left on the engine, Holley 780 carb, not the original, alternator and a couple of accessory brackets. This engine is sold as is because of its age and the fact that it has not been run since 1994, but was in running condition when stored. Was always stored in a heated basement. I have pictures that I can email anyone that is interseted. My asking price is $4500 for both. I think that this reasonable since this engine could be parted out for more and from what I understand the C6 trannys with the R stamp are hard to find. I will consider any reasonable offers. Local pickup only due to the weight. I live in West Mifflin, PA, 20 minutes south of Pittsburgh. My email address is EFK9@HOTMAIL.COM.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    71 429 mustang/cougar parts Forum Index » For sale All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: